For many people choosing names for cats is not always an easy task, as they prefer original, tender, original, famous or beautiful.
Anyway, there are tastes for everyone. Below we propose names of cats of all types, some very extensive lists, but first here you have a summary of the most valued in video.
Do not stop reading the article, where you have many more!
Names for male cats
The truth is that the list can be as extensive as we want. There are thousands of male cat names, but it is true that, for some reason, some names are much more popular than others.
The best thing is that we start with the task of rummaging and finding the best names for your kitten.
- A : Aloe, Ale, Master, Love, Avalanche, Cotton, Ahmed, Attila, Albus, Aslan, Ares, Hadrian, Anubis, Asteroid, Adam, Aaron, Apollo, Akira
- B : Baby, Mist, Baboo, Bobo, Buba, Bowie, Ball, Bug, Bonnie, Whiskers, Burns, Warlock, Button, Breeze, Bogart, Bob, Barrancas, Bony, Bucky, Banes, Buffon, Bass, Baloo, Bran, Betameche, Baldomero, Batman, Bender, Bills, Bello, Blancky, Bambú, Boris, Bender, Bugati, Byakko, Boby, Bloom.
- C : Cat, Cork, Cuqui, Congo, Canelo, Chico, Cooper, Cronos, Curtis, Camilo, Conguito, Chip, Colibrí, Caleb, Chinorris, Coco, Conan, Chester, Chopi, Colito, Charly
- D : Dino, Dado, Duke, Daiki, Dylan, Dodo, Dimitri, Doroteo
- E : Elio, Edo, Edi, Elvis, Eros
- F : Fronton, Fufy, Fufu, Fred, Bean, Flojo, Fuchu, Flan, Fausto, Fanito, Fauno, Figaro, Fox, Frodo, Falcon, Fuyu, Flipy, Fisgón, Findus, Floky, Felix
- G : Gordo, Goliath, Gotten, Gordi, Gogó, Lagaffe, Gary, Gizmo, Gris, Garabata, Gyn, Garfield, Galleta, Gray, Gobolino
- H : Harry, Henry, Bone, Hades, Hachi, Halloween, Hiss, Haru
- I : Igor, Itachi, Iskander, Indio
- J : Jack, Jocker, Jacko, Xerxes, Jarvis, Justin, Jäger
- K : Kareb, Kaleb, Cheops, Khafren, Kenzo, Kelipe, Kem, Kiba, Kafka, Kurt, Korben, Kero, Kai, Kima
- L : Cute, Lennon, Leño, Lenin, Lyno, Lemon, Laud, Lelo, Lolo, Leonidas, Lancelot, Lebrón, Lalo, Li, Lu, Luca, Lince, Lucky, Loki, Linus
- M : Morris, Miel, Milo, Micky, Manchitas, Mel, Muchy, Mu-Ki Misino, Momo, Merlin, Mango, Mini, Mushu, Maverick, Marty, Murci, Max, Moka, Miu
- N : Nino, Nilo, Neko, Nano, Nebel, Nit, Nico, Nur, Nerón, Nori, Noel, Nemo, Neo, Nacho, Nermal
- O : Bear, Olaf, Odin, Orc, Gold, Orion, Otto, Oreo, Onix, Osiris, Oliver
- P : Pillo, Pluf, Puf, Pipo, Panther, Plato, Pandita, Pumuki, Piolin, Paco, Peluche, Pasha, Pincho, Piwi, Piano, Pepper, Potts, Pinki, Panchito, Porpelos, Popy, Pau, Pope, Pucho
- Q : Quino, Quillo
- R : Ramses, Rorro, Rico, Rey, Rim, Raider, Robin, Roman, Romeo, Ras, Rufi, Rubio, Ricky, Rody, Ritchie, Rex, Ron
- S : Snow, Sedal, Shiro, Skadi, Sugus, Schrodinger, Shion, Shadow, Silvestre, Sigismund, Sid, Spartan, Sol, Sirius, Shishimaru, Samy, Sam, Sky, Sanson, Simba, Simon, Salima
- T : Tom, Timmy, Tito, Tennesse, Tontín, Turco, Teseo, Tango, Taco, Tinto, Thor, Tauro, Teo, Tomás, Trancas, Trasto, Torpin, Tyrion, Tigretón, Trunks, Toulouse, Titán, Tito, Tigrito, Rudder
- U : Ufi
- V : Wine, Vito, Vader, Valentine
- W : Wander, Wisky, Winie, Winy
- Y : Yago, Yosie, Yuri, Yin, Yang
- Z : Zulu, Ziza, Zeus, Zarpitas
Female cat names
It is important that the name for your pet does not exceed two syllables and if, by any chance, you want a longer name, also think of a shorter version that is easier for them to attend to.
As with males, kittens also have less difficulty attending to names that are short for them.
We have a selection of the best names for female cats that we can offer you. Surely you will find that name you are looking for, and it does not matter if it is a purebred cat or not.
- A : Alba, Bean, Aruba, Arena, Alma, Ami, Aretha, Ada, Ash, Amida, Arya, Artemis, Ariel, Arwen, Aurora, Anri, Athena, Alma
- B : Blanca, Bimba, Balúa, Baia, Blanquita, Baby, Bonita, Bagheera, Balusa, Brenda, Babi, Bolita, Boira, Bastet, Benita, Branwen
- C : Clyde, Cara, Coco, Cleo, Churrusca, Chiquita, Camila, Canela, Chicky, Canela, Chanel, Cabe, Cortana, Cali, Cori, Cata, Chulet, Coqueta
- D : Dora, Didi, Dona, Daia, Dana, Dama, Dakota, Dory, Dalia, Dulce
- E : Emilie, Eleven, Estrella, Eleya, Espidy, Emma, Estrellita, Eris, Emilia
- F : Frida, Fiona, Flipa, Fusa, Fanita, Farruca, Freya, Fanta
- G : Greta, Goldie, Gula, Grissi, Griset, Gordi, Gretel
- H : Hermi, Hannah, Hana, Havana
- I : Isis, Iris, Itxi, Ilse
- J : Jade, Japan, Jessie, Jota, Jetta, Jang, Jing, Janis, Jackie
- K : Kira, Keka, Kika, Kitty, Katu, Kala, Kenza, Kiri, Kim, Kendra, Kirara, Kinder, Kiara, Kima
- L : Lía, Lúa, Luna, Lulú, Lili, Leia, Lara, Lluvia, Lila, Lumia, Lola, Lusy, Luli, Lizuca, Lisa
- M : Mina, Marilyn, Mancha, Doll, Mimi, Misha, Magia, Misi, Maiky Misina, Maya, MiuMium, Milka, Misheta Minerva, Margarita, Miu, Missi, Manchitas, Maru, Mia, Milou, Mia, Mirai, Menuda, Mey, Minina, Morgana, Minnie, Micaela, Maile, Moli, Mona, Mafalda
- O: Ona, Oda, Olivia, Osita, Osha, Oli
- P : Pinta, Perla, Pura, Pretty, Paca, Pear, Pelusa, Pelos, Pele, Piu, Penny, Panky, Persie, Panda, Pampa, Princesa, Petita, Peluda, Patty, Picolina, Panta, Pipa, Pitu, Pitinga, Patita, Pineapple
- Q : Quina, Quinta
- R : Rusa, Rosa, Raspa, Rubia, Roma, Rosi, Rosita, Rasca, Roma, Rufa, Rufina, Rita
- S : Sandie, Sandia, Sabrina, Sugar, Selena, Siena, Soso, Shiva, Sisi, Shi-shi, Shasa, Sira, Sindy, Sira, Stormy, Sher, Shybila, Shuri, Skype, Seiko, Summer, Sun, Sirina
- T : Tea, Teja, Tata, Tina, Tita, Tuna, Tamal, Tula, Triana, Tati, Trufa, Tomasa, Tussy, Tara
- U : Uva, Una, Ula
- V : Candle, Valentina, Waltz, Vienna, Venus, Verona, Violet
- W : Wendy, Wanda, Wendolin
- X : Xena, Xana
- Y : Yaiza, Yaya, Yoya,
- Z : Zinna, Zen, Zelda, Zara, Zira, Zoe, Zizu
Original cat names
Some owners prefer their cats to have original and unique names. Here are some that have occurred to us. Surely more than one is to your liking and your pet does very well.
- A : Aleia, Syrup, Albi, Aphrodite, Africa, Astaire, Audrey, Joy, Bow, Argo, Alien, Athos, Amy, Adelle, Aria
- B : Brioche, Brazil, Basil, Brio, Pandora, Brando, Bremen, Bella, Sweet potato, Bevel, Brinco, Bob, Buddha, Button, Brasa, Bobo, Buba, Rascal, Brión, Bulle, Berry, Ball, Bloom
- C : Cuba, Camel, Cubo, Castro, Casio, Craso, Crixo, Crema, Ciro, Cirra, Coloso, Cacho, Cala, Chapa, Chepa, Churchill
- D : Denver, Donut, Donette, Don, Dion, Divo, Diva, Datta, Donoso, Dioni, Diosa, Domi
- E : Aeon, Aeneo, Aeneas, Evo
- F : Fire, Flame, Flan, Faithful, Fidel, Fringe, Frieze, Frizzo
- G : Gorron, Wink, Grammy, Giotto, Grato, Guide, Genghis, Greedy, Goal, Guido, Gala, Gandhi, Fat, Tour, Gloves
- H : Halley, Helio, Honda, Herpburn, Hilo, Halo, Harpo, Hit, Happy, Smoke
- I : India, Isra, Island, Ion, Icon, Instacat
- J : Jael, Jingo, Jam, Jala, Jazz
- K : Kubak, Kia, Korma, Kamel, Kremlim, Kiko, Kokotxa, Katxo, Kittykat, Kaurl
- L : Limo, Leino, Llana, Lautrec, Leal, Lola, Lalo.
- M : Mitra, Marca, Mara, Mía, Peanut, Mocca, Moka, Mars, Grouper, Miró, Mungo, Muno, Moulen, Morros, Marley, Mandarina, Manta, Myth, Mito, Mutant, Monkey, Muna, Mío, Miau, Meaow, Mondo, Minina, Mojito.
- N : Nubia, Namibia, Neo, Nano, Nata, Nut, Nola, Nirra, Nube, Nono, Nona, Nene, Nena, Nuba
- Ñ : Gnocchi, Yam
- O : Orgaz, Olivia, Otero, Opera, Opta, Opto, Opio, Olso, Olfo
- P : Clamp, Flea, Hanger, Paisa, Pija, Corduroy, Bread, Pumbaa, Picón, Pasteur, Feather, Whistle, Belly, Hairs, Pillo, Porthos, Puntas, Patch, Pirata, Legs, Pizza
- Q : Quito, Qatar, Quino
- R : Rila, Broken, Rhombus, Rumba, Roomba, Rowing, Mouse, Corner, Rhythm, Rambla, Rasta, Red, Thread, Hopscotch, Lightning, Rambo
- S : Shisha, Sila, Sombra, Sugus, Seo, Sumo, Sake, Show, Sinbad, Sinhué, Simple, Simply, Sancho, Siba, Sagaz, Shere Khan, Simba
- T : Tejas, Truco, Tracks, Deal, Trick, Tinte, Barrel, Timba, Fret, Trasto, Tulum, Tronco, Trompo, Barrel, Toucan, Techno, Tender, Trending, Trendy, Topic, Tito, Tate, Tete, Chunk
- U : Urdo, Umbro, Nails, Uma
- V : Vitola, Verbena, Vera
- X : Xenon, Xanax, Xala, Xiva
- Y : Yara, Yakuza, Youtuber
- Z : Zumba, Zombie, Zulu
Famous cat names
Although you may not have thought about it, there are many famous cats that have appeared in television series, animal drawings, comics or movies. Nor can we forget some historical characters who baptized their cats for posterity. We reveal some famous cat names and curiosities about them.
- A : Azrael (Gargamel’s cat, the evil character from the Smurfs), All Ball (the cat that was given to Coco, the gorilla who learned sign language)
- B : Berlioz (from The Aristocats), Snowball (Lisa Simpson’s pet), Babou (the cat of the genius Salvador Dalí)
- C : Catbert (Comic), Chesiré (“Alice in Wonderland”), Crookshanks (from the “Harry Potter” movie and books, Copycat (the first cloned pet in 2001), Creme Puff (the oldest cat in the world according to the Guinness Book of Records, died aged 38), Colonel Meow (the cat with the longest hair according to the Guinness Book. His coat was 32 centimeters), Charli (Kourtney Kardasian’s cat)
- D : Don Gato, Doraemon, Dorito and Calippo (singer Ed Sheeran’s pets) Delilah (Freddie Mercury’s cat)
- E : Espeon (“Pokémon), Puss in Boots, Eye in the Dark (it is the cat of actor Norman Reedus)
- F : Fígaro (“Pinocchio”), Félix (cartoons), Félicette (the only cat sent to the moon in 1963 and returned alive)
- G : Garfield , Cat (from the cartoon “Cat and Dog”), Cat (from the movie “Breakfast with Diamonds”), Grumpy Cat (the angry cat from all the memes you see online)
- H : Hank (was a candidate for the US Senate for the Commonwealth of Virginia in 2012. He finished in third place)
- J : Jinks (cartoons “Pixie and Dixie”), Ludo (the longest pussycat according to the Guinness Book, it got to measure almost 119 centimeters), Jonsie (the cat from “Alien”)
- K : Kitty Purry (one of Katy Perry’s kittens)
- L : Lucifer (“Cinderella”), Libertad and Drogon (actress Aura Garrido’s pets)
- M : Marie (The Aristocats), Mimi (from “Doraemon”), Mittens (from the movie “Bolt”), Meowth (“Pokémon), Mr. Bigglesworth (Dr. Evil’s cat), Mr. Tinkles (from” Like Dogs and Cats ”), Muezza (Muhammad’s cat), Mike (he was the guardian of the British Museum throughout his life), Meredith and Olivia Benson (singer Taylor Swift’s cats)
- N : Nansen (participated in the Belgian expedition to Antarctica, died there and was buried on the frozen continent.
- O : Oscar (he lost his hind legs with a pruner. They put bionic prostheses on him and helped the technique to specialize in humans), Orangei (the only cat that has won two Patsy Awards, it’s like the Oscars for animals)
- Q : Pica (from “Scratch and Pica” from “The Simpsons”), Pelusa (“Stuart Little” movie and books)
- S : Sy and Am (the curious Siamese girls from the Disney movie “Lady and the Tramp), Shun Gon (” The Aristocats “), Silvestre (from the” Looney Toons “, Tweety’s enemy), Superfisgón (cartoons “Superfisgon and Clueless), Salem (from the series” Sabrina “), Lucky (from the television series” Alf “), Socks (Bill Clinton’s mascot), Oscar (he was on three World War II ships and survived the sinking of the three), Spot (the mascot of the TV series “Start Trek”), Sohalia (one of the cats of actor Ian Somerhalberg). Squanchy (anthropomorphic cat friend of Rick in the Rick & Morty series
- T : Touluse (“The Aristocats”), Toro (from the video game “Sonic”), Tom (cartoon “Tom and Jerry”), Tara (the cat who saved a child from a dog attack, the video went viral on the internet), Think Think and Ah Tsai (the two cats who campaigned for the President of Taiwan, Tsai Ing-Wen)
- U : Umbreon (“Pokémon”), Uncle Willie (Ernest Hemingway’s pet)
- V : Vendetta (actress Thais Blume’s cat)
- W : Wilson the cat from “Rubius” the famous youtuber
Does a cat recognize its name?
All of us who live with cats know almost with certainty the answer to whether a cat understands its name, when it is called.
But now science confirms it with a recent study from the University of Tokyo and that has been published in the journal of Scientific Reports, in which it is confirmed that cats identify their name, within a context or phrase, with other words.
To a group of domestic cats, recordings were made in which several people participated to make them, including their owners.
During the course of these recordings where nouns and names were mixed, the cats showed attention when hearing the human voices, but lost interest as they continued.
However, the vast majority, showed attention, at the time that their name was said. They turned their heads, stood up, even leaned forward, and some even made a sound.
It is possible that their name is associated with prizes, rewards or a word that connects them especially with their human, that is why they are able to memorize it and react to them.
Scientists also found that cats reacted to the names of the cats they lived with.
As you can see, there are names for all tastes. It’s a matter of you putting a little imagination and creativity into it.
It is also good that you observe the traits and behavioral characteristics of your cat, they can give you clues to baptize it with the appropriate name.
If you work a little, you will hit the spot. Surely in this list of cat names you can find inspiration.