In this article we offer you some recipes for cats for this Christmas 2019: three perfect dishes to celebrate with your furry friends!
Also this year the Christmas period is approaching: the house is filled with perfumes and we prepare delicious dishes to be enjoyed with the family… Even cats have the right to enjoy these holidays, so why not think of Christmas recipes specially designed for them?
Here we offer you three recipes for this Christmas 2019, to make your beloved and demanding feline happy!
As we have seen in the specific article dedicated to this food, Can I give the cat rice? Here is if there are risks and when, rice is part of the foods that our cat can eat, obviously without exaggerating the quantities.
We therefore propose it in combination with the always beloved fish, as the first of the 2019 Christmas recipes designed for cats: here’s what you need and how to prepare it!
- 1 carrot of about 15 grams in weight
- 1 salmon fillet
- 30 gr of rice
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Boil the carrot in unsalted water, drain and keep the cooking broth
- Blend the boiled carrot
- Boil the fresh salmon in the carrot broth
- Cut the fish into small pieces once cooked and add them to the carrot cream
- Boil the rice in unsalted water for 2-3 minutes longer than that indicated on the package
- Drain the rice and rinse under running water to remove the starch
- Add the rice to the cream with the fish and season by adding the extra virgin olive oil.
As an alternative to salmon, you can use a mackerel of about 40 grams: if you don’t have fresh fish available, canned fish will also be fine, the important thing is to wash it properly under running water.
In addition to fish, as we know, felines also eat meat, we have thought of Christmas meatballs with chicken, we hope they will be irresistible for cat!
To make them you will need the following ingredients:
- 250 grams of minced chicken or turkey;
- 1 egg
- 1 carrot
Here are all the instructions to prepare it:
- Combine the chopped chicken, egg and finely grated carrot in a bowl
- Mix all the ingredients well
- With wet hands, form balls of dough being careful not to break them
- Pour half a glass of water into a non-stick pan and gently place the raw meatballs
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
At the end you will have some fantastic Christmas meatballs to serve warm for your kitten!
Last but not least… A delicious dessert for cat could not be missing! We’ve thought of some delicious muffins. To prepare them, just follow this recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of honey (to eliminate for diabetic cats)
- 3 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of nutmeg (do not exceed the doses, it can be harmful to Kitty in large quantities)
- 3 cups of water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a bowl, combine the honey, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix
- Then add the water, the apple juice, the egg and mix again, making sure to mix all the ingredients well.
- Finally, add the peanuts as well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased muffin pan, filling two thirds of each space.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the color is slightly golden.
Once out of the oven, let your delicious sweets cool on a baking tray and offer them to your kitty!
With the doses indicated in this recipe you should get 16 muffins, keep the excesses in an airtight container.