With the arrival of spring and therefore of beautiful days, the cats that live both in the apartment and in the garden will have pleasure in going out and having a nice run maybe chasing some lizard or some butterfly. Cats are very curious animals and often their curiosity leads them to get into very serious trouble.It has very often happened to see cats being bitten by scorpions or bitten by mice, It is rare to see cats bitten by mosquitoes or wasps but in cases more curious we will also find that. Below is a small guide to continue in cases where our cat will be bitten by an insect.
Which insects should our feline fear?
As for mosquitoes, it is difficult and rare to see a cat stung by a mosquito because the amount of hair will shield the skin that will be protected, but in the rarest cases there are cats that are allergic to the mosquito’s saliva and could run into reactions. allergic and different according to the subject, such as:
- erythema localized mainly on the head, often bloody
- crusty and scaly allergic dermatitis
- intense itching
- self-trauma injuries with bacterial or even mycotic superinfection
The problem of the cat allergic to mosquito bite is that the symptoms are the same as for other diseases such as:
- food allergy
- flea allergy
- ear mange
- cutaneous hepatic necrosis
- feline leprosy
An important thing to keep in mind is that mosquito bite allergy responds less well to classic antibiotic and cortisone therapy. The antibiotic could in any case cure bacterial infections that could take advantage of the immune system committed to defending the animal from inflammation and edema due to the pinch.
In the event that the cat is stung by bees or wasps, the danger is greater, and we must promptly place ice on the pinch. Punctures in the area of the muzzle and lungs should be treated with caution due to possible complications. The symptoms that we may encounter after the bee sting are the following:
- Respiratory distress
- Blue languages
- Bruises on the body
- Swelling of the muzzle or mouth
- Breathing or increased heart rate
There are substances in the stinger that can also cause anaphylactic shock! For this reason it will be essential that the animal is immediately taken to the vet for timely therapies.