Here is a delicious recipe for cats, ideal to give as a snack to our cat: baked tuna biscuits… a real goodness!
Cats, as we know, have difficult tastes in food. Their wild nature makes them particularly sensitive to the shape, smell and taste of the foods we offer them in the special bowls.
In this article we offer you a delicious recipe to try to delight our friend’s delicate palate with a special homemade snack: tuna biscuits!
Delicious recipe for cats: the ingredients
Let’s start with the ingredients! To prepare this home snack, you need:
- 300 grams of rye or wholemeal flour
- About 180 grams of natural tuna (drain the oil in the container well)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- one or more cake molds (optional)
Keep in mind that with these quantities about 40 small-medium sized cookies will come out, depending on the mold you are using.
A curiosity: did you know that cats cannot easily taste sweet flavors? This is why we recommend these special biscuits, with a decidedly tastier taste and which may have a scent that can capture cat! For more information on this, we recommend reading the article the five senses in cats and how they work.
Preparation of tuna biscuits
First, turn on the oven to 180 degrees, so it will be ready for when you need to inform the cookies once they are ready.
Then start the actual preparation:
- Blend the well-drained tuna with a cup of water
- Make a fountain on the cutting board, putting the flour, the egg, the freshly made tuna cream and the seed oil
- Mix all the ingredients well, working them to form an elastic ball of the consistency of a pastry
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of one centimeter and start cutting the cookies using the molds, if you have them available
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake at 180 degrees for about 20-30 minutes, until they are crispy.
Once cooked, let the cookies cool and serve them to your cat as a delicious morning snack or afternoon snack, but don’t overdo the quantities! The excess cookies, in fact, can be kept safely for about 15-20 days in an airtight glass jar or in a tin box, the important thing is that they are dry.
The foods included in the recipe
Tuna, eggs (better if cooked, as presented in this recipe) and flour are part of those foods that we can share with the cat.
In general, as we know, fish is one of the most popular meals of the cat, which is usually attracted by a freshly opened can of tuna or by the smell of freshly fried fish: that’s enough to find it on the kitchen base with a single leap. !
Under normal health conditions, cat can eat all types of fish and some, such as trout, cod, salmon, mackerel, sardine and tuna, are particularly suitable for home cooking. But is fish really good for cats? In principle, yes, because it is easy to digest and also suitable for cats with a sensitive digestive system.
What are you waiting for then? You just have to try to prepare this delicious recipe made especially for your kitten!