The Toy rabbit is a very popular breed that stands out for its small size. There are many types of rabbits, some grow more than others, the coat can also be very different … If you are looking for a small pet you will like to know that there are rabbits that do not grow. They are called Toy Rabbits. In Petlifey we want to explain what Toy rabbits are like by mentioning their main characteristics and offering you some tips for their care.
Characteristics of the Rabbit Toy:
- Toy rabbits, may also be known as dwarf rabbits.
- The weight of an adult Toy rabbit ranges from 1 kg to 1,300 kg.
- Its head and body are rounded.
- They can live between 8 and 10 years with the correct diet and care.
- It is one of the most active types of rabbit.
- There is a great variety of colors.
What do toy rabbits eat?
The diet of Toy rabbits is the same as that of any other type of rabbit. It is based mainly on hay supplemented with fresh vegetables, high quality feed and fruits in less quantity.
Caring for the Toy rabbit
Rabbits are very clean animals that groom themselves continuously, for that reason you should not bathe your rabbit .
Hair should be brushed regularly. Taking care of your hair will help prevent the formation of hairballs.
It is essential that in addition to a large cage (100 x 70 x 50 centimeters) they have room to go out and exercise. Our Drum rabbit is loose all day at home. They are an active breed that will certainly appreciate that you allow them to develop their muscles regularly. We must never forget the importance of sanitizing the cage and utensils such as feeders and the house on a regular basis.
In addition to everything discussed above, there is a fundamental part in caring for the toy rabbit that we must highlight, and that is enrichment. Rabbits can feel sad, lonely and isolated if they have nothing to do and you are not around to play and stimulate them. A correctly stimulated rabbit will be happier and have better well-being.
Toy bunny breeds
- Mini lop or belier rabbit
- Dwarf Dutch or Netherland Dwarf
- Columbia Basin Dwarf Rabbit
- English Angora Rabbit
- Wooly sweater or woolly rabbit
- Holland lop
- Britannia Petite
- Lionhead or lion head
- Miniature cashmere lop or long-haired belier rabbit
- Dwarf Hotot or Dwarf Hotot
- Mini satin:
- American fuzzy lop
- Mini rex / dwarf rex
- Polish dwarf
- Belier Dwarf (Dwarf lop)