Nutrition of the Lykoi, how to keep this brand new and very particular breed of cat in shape with adequate nutrition.
In today’s article we are going to see specifically, the feeding of the Lykoi this breed of cat from very recent births.
We are going to understand what kind of diet he must follow, what the frequency of meals and what the quantities essential to the daily requirement, so that he remains strong and healthy.
What is important and should not be underestimated at all is that every animal needs food suited to its needs and lifestyle.
What to feed the Lykoi
Before being able to establish the quantities and frequency of meals, it is first of all necessary to know which foods the Lykoi can benefit from.
As with all other cats, the Lykoi diet includes mainly proteins of animal origin but also includes vegetable proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
To be able to include everything in a complete and balanced way, it will be enough to offer the cat dry food easily available on the market in specialized stores.
Obviously, the possibility of personally preparing succulent recipes for cats is not excluded, making sure to include the following nutritional values in the meals:
- proteins: proteins are useful for the formation and maintenance of muscles, other tissues, blood but also for the regeneration and conservation of body cells and tissues.
- fats: it is pure force necessary and mainly responsible for the transport of substances in the body as well as for the support and development of the joints and the nervous system;
- carbohydrates: they are an immediate source of energy to face a sudden effort such as a run, a chase, an escape, a sudden stress etc.
- minerals: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium and chlorine (their deficiency can cause organic dysfunctions) and those that must be in small doses are: manganese, iron, copper, zinc, iodine and selenium (the excess of some it can cause intoxication with even lethal consequences) are essential for the development and maintenance of tissues;
- Vitamins for cats: iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc and selenium, vitamins E, C, D, and K are useful for keeping the immune system strong and healthy. For example, however, it is necessary to make an appropriate use, perhaps by contacting the veterinarian.
These nutritional values just listed have a great impact on the healthy development of the joints, which is why they must never be deficient, let alone exceed.
Because it could even lead to a situation of obesity in the cat. Therefore, as a rule, experts suggest proceeding with:
- animal proteins: at least 26% for adult animals, at least 30% for kittens);
- amount of fat in the feed: it must not exceed 10%.
Therefore, regarding the specific foods that can be administered to Lykoi we have:
- lean meat (chicken, turkey, beef);
- fish (salmon, tuna, trout, mackerel);
- offal (liver, lungs, heart, stomach, etc.);
- fermented milk products, probiotics;
- fresh fruit and vegetables for cats;
Where necessary due to deficiencies, it is advisable to introduce vitamin and mineral supplements in the cat’s diet (including fatty acids that have a beneficial effect on the skin).
Lykoi nutrition: doses and frequency of meals
Although cats may all need the same nutritional values and mainly favor animal proteins, being voracious carnivores, there may be variations in the doses and frequency of meals.
Each breed has specific needs and this is why a differentiation must be made based on the age, lifestyle, sex and health conditions of your cat.
Now being the Lykoi a medium-sized cat, with a muscular build but agile, sociable, playful and therefore quite active.
He also has a strong hunter instinct and it will be necessary to provide him with the right dose, that is:
- between 100 and 200 mg of food per day, possibly divided into two meals a day (morning and evening). However, it is possible to divide his two meals into still other smaller portions, to be administered throughout the day.
- with regard to snacks for cats it is possible to give them to him as a prize but only occasionally;
Of course it will also be necessary to provide him with the right amount of water, always available and always fresh, perhaps by placing more bowls for cats in different corners of the house.