In summer there is the need to moisturize and refresh cat. Here is a simple recipe to make to make a popsicle for the cat with fruit and vegetables at home.
Muggy day, hellish heat and sweat. What’s better than something fresh to swallow? And why not do it together with your Kitty? With the arrival of summer and the rising temperatures you can offer your feline some delicious and fresh food. Remember that, especially at this time of year, you should never lack fresh and clean water as the cat could become dehydrated.
Ingredients and preparation of a popsicle for the cat
First , choose the fruit and vegetables that cat can eat in the summer. Among the absolutely forbidden fruit: grapes and raisins, avocado, banana, oranges, lemons, mandarins, citrus fruits in general and lemon juice. The fruit allowed instead is the following: apricots, figs, melon, watermelon, strawberries, peaches, apples and pears in limited quantities because it is rich in sugar and obviously free of pits, peel and seeds.
As for vegetables, yes to cucumbers, asparagus, courgettes, fennel, celery, carrots, peppers and salads, to avoid onion, garlic, cabbage and potatoes because they are toxic foods.
But back to the popsicle, here are the ingredients you will need to get:
– half an apple cut into wedges;
– half a peach cut into small pieces;
– a couple of strawberries;
– two or three slices of cucumber;
– half a cup of rice milk or water (remember that the cat cannot drink cow’s milk).
Preparation : wash the strawberries, peel the half apple and the peach, eliminating seeds and stone. Peel and cut a couple of cucumber slices. Chop the fruit and cucumber well and add half a cup of rice milk or water until smooth. Place the mixture in an ice cube mold and place in the freezer. After a few hours, when the cubes are formed, offer one to Micio.
Finally some recommendations :
– this one just described is an example, a base from which to start making popsicles for the feline at home. You can replace these fruits and vegetables with others obviously allowed for the animal’s diet;
– this food should be consumed in moderation because fruit naturally contains sugar and an excessive amount of sugar can be bad for cat;
– this food must absolutely not replace the cat’s usual foods; instead it is an occasional and fresh diversion;
– do not offer to cat industrial icicles; they are rich in sugars and preservatives which can harm your health.