Those of us who live with cats know how important games are for cats, especially to break the routine of day to day and prevent them from sleeping and being inactive most of the time.
On the other hand we know that depending on the character of your cats, putting them active can be complicated, especially if they are already adults and have become used to domestic life.
That is why we have decided to make a list of the best games for cats, which have been most recommended and valued, according to the comments of many cat lovers and their experience.
It’s time to take action and make your cat move and stimulate its intelligence, with original games for cats. Both, along with a good diet, is the best for your cat’s good health. Do we start?
Games for domestic cats, it’s time to scratch!
We all know the particular tastes of cats and it is that sometimes the best scratching game is in their eyes that armchair or sofa so “appetizing “.
If your scratching games are directed towards furniture, the best we can do is opt for a protector, with a wide scratching areas, so that it catches your attention and directs your desire to play towards this object.
We will also encourage them to exercise and be more active. They can be placed vertically and horizontally, like this model. One of the most valued by the Catlovers.
In this model the sisal is natural , being a sustainable product. Ideal to place it in the corners of the sofa or armchair at home.
Available in different colors, to match your decor. You will protect the home furniture and they will find in it the best scratching game for cats .
Games for cats, interactive. To give the coconut.
If you have a nervous and gluttonous cat, this interactive game can entertain them more than you imagine. It is one of the most complete stimulating games for cats, because they have to put their feline skills to eat into practice.
Divided into 4 “work” zones, you can add that portion of food that is eaten in a second and thus you will help them stimulate its intelligence and eat with more pause, playing to get the different mazes, the snacks or the feed.
The game is a reasonable size (40 x 12 x 8.4 cm) keep that in mind, but other than this, it is a perfect game for cats anxious with food and a perfect method to make it a little more difficult and have fun , while eating.
Games for baby cats, kids on the go!
If we have a new member of the family and it is a baby cat, we will have to think of a toy suitable for its size and energy level. Of this second they are left over, so nothing better than one of the game kits, complete (20 pieces) where we find wand and rod, balls, mouse stuffed animals … and a tunnel for it to hide, while it stalks that sisal mouse.
Remember that those first moments together are the best way to bond, as kittens , when they are babies, relate to their siblings through play. We found it to be a very appropriate and complete kit for very young kittens.
Games for adult and healthy cats
This toy has two good things. On the one hand, your cat can play to catch the ball in a circuit and the “naughty flower”.
The ball has a striking color and once you start to play, it is sure to attract a lot of attention, even in those moments when you are not at home.
But also at its base, we can have a small sample of “catnip” that many cats like to chew to improve their digestion. It has a solid design and you can choose between two other different models , so that the game is complete.
Tunnel games for cats
Cats love to get into closed spaces, if they also have different exits and entrances, better than better and if you have more than one cat at home, then the party is guaranteed.
The game between the house cats will begin with chases, jumps and races , also animated by the balls inside. The material of this model is resistant to “claws” and is designed to remain firm while you play. It can be collected in a moment, as it is foldable.
Scratching post for small cats
If your cat is small, but has the urge to play and scratch, this scratching post is a good choice for its games for several reasons. It has a double column of scraper at the base, so that you discharge all your energy into it and start scratching.
It also has a large house at the base, with two entrances, so you can sleep peacefully, whenever you want. The raised base, without being too high, is perfect for a small cat wanting to eat the world, climb!
Games for kittens
Kittens and not so babies, they love everything that is small, and moves. This multilevel tower with rotating balls will be a challenge for the most expert cat. In addition, the catnip is introduced into the game in one of these balls, so fun is guaranteed. A toy that is causing a sensation.
in addition, the game is safe for them, since the corners are rounded, to avoid any cuts and its platform is non-slip. The material is made of a non-toxic and environmentally friendly resin. To play!
Why are games important for cats?
Cats when they are young, interact with their brothers through play. This improves the behavior patterns and increases the sociability of cats that have not had contact with other cats after being born.
Games in cats have many short-term benefits, as they improve their cognitive intelligence, they are fit, they release energy, they create bonds and in general, they are cats with a more social character.
Play with a cat. Reasons and recommendations.
- All domestic cats in the world feel the innate need to hunt and explore. These are a reality, that is why it is very important to cover this need in our cats. We have to put ourselves in their shoes and provide them with toys and games for cats, to help them activate that wild instinct . You can use rods or small toys (do not use your hands directly) so that it can jump, run and catch them. It is vital for them and thus develop their cognitive abilities.
- According to several recent studies, 70% of domestic cats are overweight and lead a sedentary life. That is why daily activity, related to cat games, is essential for them to be activated . Jumping, running after a ball, climbing to the top of the scraper, hiding in a toy tunnel, and running off are activities that will help you burn that extra fat and get your muscles moving.
- If a cat gets bored, it may engage in unwanted behaviours. Peeing in places where it is not usual, scratching furniture that is not a scratcher, even aggressive actions, such as biting or scratching, for no apparent reason. Games are an escape route. A way to redirect these behaviours and release stress due to inactivity.
- The smaller the toy, the more active it will be. Ideally, they simulate small animals in motion, which will appeal to their curiosity. Remember that cats can play alone, but it is also highly recommended that you spend even 25 minutes a day sharing the game with it.
- Try adding a little catnip to the game by dipping a small amount into his favourite toys. This will stimulate your cat even more and help him redirect all his energy, for example, on that toy that it no longer uses. It is also highly recommended to keep all the toys in a secluded place, when they are not used and take them out only at the time of the game that we are going to play with our cat.
As you see the games for cats, they are part of their own education, because they influence both their physical and mental state. Feel free to play with them and be part of something much more important.